Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New Auto generated Key plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if there was a key plan feature so that Archicad would save us some time on the setup of the project by allowing us to insert an auto generating key plan into the sheets. this would be linked to a view like a detail reference and show either with a shaded area or a section marker where in the project you are looking.

This would be so nice to be able to select a drawing on a layout and right click and have it say "attach key plan to drawing" as one of the options in the short cut list. and have that key plan update if the view changes or the project is redesigned.

The other idea would be to have the key plan be part of the title block options

The final option would be to have it on the master layout and the tool would just know what was on the specific sheet and automatically reference the drawings on the specific sheet as you move from layout to layout like an auto text reference.
8 REPLIES 8
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
This could actually be an extension of the Navigator Preview window. Make it more robust, as I think many people don't even use it. Show the detail, section and elevation markers on it, and allow it to be pasted on a layout as a drawing! Even cooler... make the markers active hyperlinks when exporting to PDF!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Da3dalus wrote:
Even cooler... make the markers active hyperlinks when exporting to PDF!

This is a totally brilliant idea, it would be great if the whole project worked like this. if all the detail and section markers were hyper-linked when exported as pdf's it would help the contractors and subs flip through the digital documents.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
chriszolezzi wrote:
This is a totally brilliant idea, it would be great if the whole project worked like this. if all the detail and section markers were hyper-linked when exported as pdf's it would help the contractors and subs flip through the digital documents.
Haven't tried it in a while, but I was quite sure we could.

Cheers,
Link.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
You can, as long as you're using Windows (the Mac uses Apple's internal PDF generator, which can't do hyperlinks). I was just saying it would be cool for it to work on the preview, too.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Da3dalus wrote:
You can, as long as you're using Windows (the Mac uses Apple's internal PDF generator, which can't do hyperlinks). I was just saying it would be cool for it to work on the preview, too.
Can we still do this in archicad eleven? Is there a special trick that needs to be done before or after it is published. I tried saving as pdf on my pc and don't get any hyperlinking anywhere on the plans...

Hunter.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
The only trick is to use ArchiCAD's active section/elevation/detail markers. As long as these markers are used to link to the reference drawing numbers on the layout, it should work. Also, you may have to use the Publisher to create the PDF, though it was my understanding that it worked however you did it.
This should create in the PDF little blue squares around the marker text that, when clicked on, jumps you to the correct page. It works for me.
Hope this helps!

Chuck
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried doing this from the ArchiCAD 11 Template tpl file and it didn't work. I even tried linking the markers to the corresponding drawings and got nothing.

Seriously, what am I doing wrong?

Hunter.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Y'know, I can think of one more thing. In order for PDF hyperlinking to work, the sheets all have to be in the same PDF. The only way I know of to do that is to set up your drawings in the Publisher and put them all in one folder in that publisher set. Then, select the properties for that folder, and there is a check box to "compile all drawings into a single PDF", or something like that. Have you done this?
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)