Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New "Project Management" and Team Work application

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

For a long time I've always thougt that would be a very advance in the project process if graphisoft create a new aplication just for the project management and team work. This application could be created by extracting the "Calculation" and the "Team Work" from ArchiCAD and adding more productive tools for the day-by-day of an architectural office... Like contacts, accounting, schedules, etc... Just like www.archioffice.com does. It would increase the ArchiCAD performance by reducing its structure and improve the hole BIM idea with a more friendly PM and Team work environment.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Braza
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
i think you are kinda on the right track, but not in the way you are envisaging it! teamwork does not need to be a separate 'application' for starters. teamwork needs building into graphisoft's entire suite of applications at such a low level that it is totally transparent to the end user.

secondly, you need to take a look at graphisoft's 'constructor', 'estimator' and 'control' applications. (graphisoft constructor platform). they are already intended to address the wider needs of the construction industry outside of the 'architectural' arena.

thirdly, it seems your idea of 'project management' is actually 'practice management'. whilst 'project management' is an aspect of construction that does need to tie seamlessly into the BIM concept, (graphisoft control) i don't believe that 'practice management' is anything that graphisoft should be getting involved with any time soon! opening their constructor platform databases up to the range of filemaker applications (of which archiOffice is one) that perform day-to-day contract and accounting management is maybe as far as graphisoft should go along this road.

in the meantime, archiTime from cigraph may be an add-on that you could use to a certain degree to help with your time management/billing . . . ?

sorry to sound negative to your ideas . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
teamwork needs building into graphisoft's entire suite of applications at such a low level that it is totally transparent to the end user.
I'm so glad someone feels the same way I do!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eric wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
teamwork needs building into graphisoft's entire suite of applications at such a low level that it is totally transparent to the end user.
I'm so glad someone feels the same way I do!
Eric,

Have you forgotten my drive for the Unified File Format?

Along with the topic I started on Using Teamwork as a Standard Practice?

There are many who share this desire. At least we have the first big step behind us; the unification of the PLN with the LBK.

Of course I agree with Ben that these functions not only remain integrated with the program, but become even more so. On this basis I have to vote against this wish, though I would like to see better integration between ArchiCAD and Entourage, iCal, Address Book, and practice management products like AIM and ArchiOffice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe...but I did vote for it at the time you posted. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i think you are kinda on the right track, but not in the way you are envisaging it! teamwork does not need to be a separate 'application' for starters. teamwork needs building into graphisoft's entire suite of applications at such a low level that it is totally transparent to the end user.
I didn't mean a totaly separated application... It's more like its own environment but totaly integrated with the graphisoft's entire suite of applications.
~/archiben wrote:
secondly, you need to take a look at graphisoft's 'constructor', 'estimator' and 'control' applications. (graphisoft constructor platform). they are already intended to address the wider needs of the construction industry outside of the 'architectural' arena.
I saw all these applications, and to me they seem to be made for constructors not for architects... What I need is a simple/intuitive administrative tool to manage contacts, delegate tasks to a team work (not only design tasks), track these tasks, create automated contracts/documents (using all the BIM capabilities by linking to construction information), create simple charts/reports and accounting management. By this new approach graphisoft would use archicad just for real design activities... Let us be sincere! What's the percentage of the archicad users that uses all (I MEAN ALL) capabilities of archicad?

I just don't bought this "Constructor Thinking" Idea... It seems to me that it's just a wasting of time and good resources of graphisoft. I think it's a better deal for graphisoft to concentrate efforts in providing solutions just for architects... The constrution industry have lots and lots of software applications and they don't really care about CAD or BIM...