Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Object Attributes Transfer

ares997
Contributor
Scenerio: I have a cabinet with custom materials and what not and I decide I need a corner that matches

Solution: A button that understands what you have and asks; [Thank you loyal and trust worthy long time Archicad user and Graphisoft supporter] Would you like to match the previous objects attributes if possible. [heck yah]

Maybe it only works if the object is selected and the variables are similar and is after you have already selected the object.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
How is this different than parameter injection?
Karl Ottenstein
Cleverbeans wrote:
How is this different than parameter injection?
Same question - but to clarify for those not familiar with this: this involves injecting (syringe tool) into the thumbnail preview of an object in the Object Settings (or Window / Door Settings, etc) dialog. Any matching params are transferred. I cannot tell how the wish is different.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ares997
Contributor
The injector takes the object and makes a clone of sorts but if I wanted a corner cabinet but I have designed/specified a upper cabinet or even different types of windows to one and other then I want the object as it is, but I want the counter top, the door materials etc. to be the same.
owen
Newcomer
Still not clear how this is different from the parameter injection method - any materials, counter edging, handle types, etc will be transfered into the new object provided the GDL parameter names are the same.

If parameters you want to transfer are not transfering then the GDL script must use a different value in each object, and so ArchiCAD has no way of matching parameters together in the objects to transfer them.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Karl Ottenstein
ares997 wrote:
The injector takes the object and makes a clone of sorts but if I wanted a corner cabinet but I have designed/specified a upper cabinet or even different types of windows to one and other then I want the object as it is, but I want the counter top, the door materials etc. to be the same.
You seem to still be talking about a standard eyedropper / syringe operation. We're talking about syringing INSIDE the object settings dialog ONTO the thumbnail of a corner cabinet. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl's trick (?) is a great one for adjusting parameters across objects and object versions (windows/doors, too!. One of my clients showed me this.

Find some white space and do a bit of practice and experimentation.

Three Stars!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Wokka
Contributor
Where has that trick been hiding? VERY cool for benchs, doors, windows etc! Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
ares997
Contributor
I understand what you are saying but can't seem to duplicate the procedure.
1. I should absorb the properties of the corner cabinet in plan or 3d window?
2. Inject those into the object dialogue box on a thumbnail of the object that I am trying to transfer the properties?

Any reference would be great.

Thanks you guys for your time and consideration.
owen
Newcomer
ares997 wrote:
I understand what you are saying but can't seem to duplicate the procedure.
1. I should absorb the properties of the corner cabinet in plan or 3d window?
2. Inject those into the object dialogue box on a thumbnail of the object that I am trying to transfer the properties?

Any reference would be great.

Thanks you guys for your time and consideration.
1. Eyedropper (Opt) the properties FROM the object you wish to copy from in any 2D/3D window where you can select this object.

2. Inject (Cmd+Opt) the properties TO the object (Corner Cabinet) by inject-clicking on the objects icon in the library window in the Object Tool settings dialog (see attached - can't capture the actual injection cursor due to my shortcuts for the screenshot).

HTH

os
Screen shot 2010-04-22 at 1.36.56 PM.png
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5