Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Office Template Creation Script

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like a script or setup wizard for creating office standard templates to be included with the install CD. This script would allow a cad manager to pre-configure a template file from which staff would draft, from a list of illustrated questions. This template would setup the default pens, layers, fonts, and object settings for a file without having to manually open each tool to configure a style. While the default templates included on the CD are nice, I'd like to see it go a bit further.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
now, this is a fantastic idea to have a sort of transparent interface for ALL tool settings!!!

mate this is a big time wish!

essential!
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
LPassmore wrote:
I would like a script or setup wizard for creating office standard templates to be included with the install CD. This script would allow a cad manager to pre-configure a template file from which staff would draft, from a list of illustrated questions. This template would setup the default pens, layers, fonts, and object settings for a file without having to manually open each tool to configure a style. While the default templates included on the CD are nice, I'd like to see it go a bit further.
Unless I am not understanding you, this is available (by in large) right now.

Templates are easily made (deciding on the standards to adopt is another matter) and can be combined with favorites and modules to create presets for the tools.

Basic instructions can be incorporated into the template file, but it is a good idea to create a pdf CAD manual for more complete documentation of company standards.

I'm not sure of the advantage to putting them on an install disk since most templates are kept on the server though.

If what you want is for all this setup work to be done for you then you should buy a prefab template (like STS) or hire someone like me (or Link, etc.) to do it for you. I wouldn't recommend holding out for Graphisoft to do it.
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Unless I am not understanding you, this is available (by in large) right now.
. . . even right down to creating custom installation packages that affect work environment, (and thus template paths), translator files, library paths . . .

there's a PDF called 'creating an install package' - it should be a part of your installed documentation. here's a screenshot . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Templates are easily made (deciding on the standards to adopt is another matter) and can be combined with favorites and modules to create presets for the tools.
Actually, as I could've understood that was having a favourite settings for each tool, the problem is when you are installing AC for very first time you do not have any favourites set up, so you have to manually go to the particular tool setting window set that up and save it as a favourite. It's a bit tedious work opening those windows separately - including fonts, pens, materials for each individual tool and prefs, 3D windows settings, Photorendering settings etc. not to mention the calculation menu+the ID manager and god knows what else.
::rk