Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

One key shortcut to temporarily disable cursor snaps

Anonymous
Not applicable
One key shortcut to temporarily disable cursor snaps
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
End point snapping in Archicad needs to be upgraded so that you don't have to 'hover' around the actual end point of a line thus potentially selecting another end point of a line that is also in the vicinity, just like in AutoCAD (I know all you Archicad people out there will hate me saying that but AutoCAD does this really well).

Also the ability to temporarily turn snapping off would be good for when you want to place stuff by eye like labels.

Thanks,

Roolio
TomWaltz
Participant
It sounds like you actually have two wishes:
1) revise how the snaps work
2) be able to turn them off.

For #1, personally, I can't stand AutoCAD's snap methods. I like of preferred Microstations "dual click" method.

For #2, totally agree. I really prefer not having to worry about accidental snaps.
Tom Waltz
I think your second wish is expressed here. The thread contains the most coveted Hungarian "added to wishlist" post. It certainly has been a while though.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having used Microstation and AutoCAD I think that either method would be an improvement on what we have now.

Specifically though, the ability to snap to an arc's centre (usually large ones) without having to zoom in and out all the time, and the ability to snap to the end of a specified line without the interferance of other end points.

In my opinion excessive zooming is waste of time in any CAD users book!

Roolio

PS. Did someone move my post? Thanks, I was slack and did not check about this thread (if that is what it is called) and the fact that I have already posted about this topic (D'oh) .