BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

One simple and moder Rendering engine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now we have 4 rendering engines, only one uses multi-core, we have multiple material settings, internal sun and LW sun, etc...
And people need to go to external software for quality renders, or for faster engines...
I think the moment should come, that Graphisoft clean up all this crap and give us a simple (to configure) and fast rendering engine, with a good quality (I mean at last like a well configured LW, better if with radiosity, somewath like Artlantis R not a high-end engine). But most important, it should be simple to configure: north, date&time, % cloud, % quality/render time and a library of well configured materials
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would probably vote "Not Possible" on this if that were an option. I agree that the rendering is overly complex and can be bewildering but that is partly the nature of the beast. It is made more complicated by the fact that it is being overlaid on an already complex program for modeling and documentation of building projects (one of the most complex tasks that humans do). This is part of the reason most of those looking for really sophisticated rendering capabilities go out to Artlantis or Cinema4D.

Another problem is that each renderer has particular strengths that probably cannot (or should not) be combined into a single engine.

And another is that everyone has different preferences and styles for their rendering which cannot all be realistically accommodated in a single engine. How would you like to be told that you have to use Sharpies and Prismacolor for all your rendering if your style calls for pencil and watercolor?

That said, I would like to see improvements in the interface and features of the renderers. The sketch engine desperately needs the ability to save user settings and I would like the option to replace the white background with transparency. And in the Lightworks engine it would be great to have radiosity and an easier interface.
Learn and get certified!