BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Opening lines for more objects

Karel Landa
Booster

Hi,

in AC25 new kitchen cabinets were presented with possibility to show opening lines for them in 3D/elevation. Great feature, less 2D drawing. But the opening lines are also important for the rest of the objects with with doors/drawers such as wardrobes etc.

Since there is option to turn on opening lines in MVO it would be great if these objects could show the lines too.

Also another note. Kitchen cabinets have possibility to set drawers but the is no opening line (in this case symbol) in 3D.

Kind regards
Karel

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

@Karel Landa wrote:

Also another note. Kitchen cabinets have possibility to set drawers but the is no opening line (in this case symbol) in 3D.

I can't say I have ever seen opening lines (or an opening symbol) for drawers in elevation/3D.

What would it look like?

I have always just shown the individual drawers and the handles if necessary.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

yes, this works if you have handles outside of the cabinet, then it is clear it is a drawer. But if there is an option that there is no handle which is replaced by the cutout of the panel then it should be clear somehow.

I`m attaching a screenshot how we in our practice for example show the opening. (Simple line from top of the drawer).

Karel

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-29 v 13.23.07.png

@Karel Landa wrote:

I`m attaching a screenshot how we in our practice for example show the opening. (Simple line from top of the drawer).

OK, thanks.

I usually just add a note to say "bank of drawers" or something similar.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, that would probably be enough and it is just a note to the main wish --> possibility to have the lines for wardrobes etc. 🙂

Karel

Lingwisyer_0-1685412347154.png

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!