Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Organizer and Navigator, one tool

Frillex
Advocate

Hello, 

I wonder if it would be possible or appreciated if we hade the possibility to use the organizer as two navigators?

I think it would save time for users, if all buttons and options were available on both "sides" of the organizer. 

Thanks

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

What do you mean by " if all buttons and options were available on both "sides" of the organizer".

Do you mean the 4 mode buttons - Project Map, View Map, Layouts and Publisher?

If so, it would not make any sense to have them on both sides.

You would never want to organise from Project Map to Project Map or from Layout to Layout.

You just do that within its own panel - no need to drag from left to right (hence the single Navigator).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Frillex
Advocate

God morning Barry,

Fortunately that's not what i mean, because that would not make any sense. 

I'll link a screen shot that will explain. 

/Felix 

Skärmavbild 2023-04-14 kl. 08.02.20.png
AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Thanks for clarifying.

I guess it is because the right hand pane is for editing/creating - the same as the Navigator on its own.

The left pane is really just showing you what you have so that you can place/drawing/copy/add shortcut to the next levels on the right.

That is really all the Organiser is for, and probably why Graphisoft decided to swap the buttons you show for the place/drawing/copy/add shortcut buttons, instead of duplicating the buttons and also adding the place/drawing/copy/add shortcut buttons.

Not to take away from your wish though if that is what you would like.

Just means it would be a little less space in the dialogue.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

In my case, it's because i have the navigator to the right on my screen. And I would like to replace it with the organizer but when I tried I really didn't like that the buttons im talking about is to far away. 

Would be handy to have them on both sides as i make a lot quick sketches and often have to open the organizer. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY