BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Photometric Lighting Calculations

genarch
Enthusiast
The ability to do this within ArchiCAD would be great. We often need to know interior and exterior lighting levels based on IES data. If ArchiCAD could at least plot the lighting levels on the plan in a grid, that would be excellent.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
genarch:

There is software called Velux Daylight Visualizer that may work for you, see this thread:
Daylight design with Archicad 15 and Daylight Visualizer

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
genarch
Enthusiast
The VELUX solution deals with daylighting only. I'm looking for a solution dealing with electric lighting. Thanks for the heads up, though, I'll check out the Daylight Visualizer anyway.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

adamsb
Newcomer
It would be nice to be able to utilize these models to do atleast a preliminary version of a lighting plan. If we could apply some more accurate information to the light sources (wattage, temperature, etc.) that would really help!
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
Karl Ottenstein
Unfortunately, it isn't just calibrating the light sources ... ArchiCAD's version of the LightWorks rendering engine is not capable of photometric illumination. So, this wish is actually really huge.

For what it's worth, Artlantis cannot do photometrics, either.

Because your new wish has not votes yet, I'm merging your post into the existing wish for this feature.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try http://www.relux.biz - you should be able import 3ds and/or obj. format files.
genarch
Enthusiast
2 years later and still nothing on photometric lighting. We often deal with ordinances that require a specific minimum level of lighting across the site or parking areas, as well as interior spaces. I cannot find anything on the Mac that can accomplish this. If ArchiCAD could, even as an add-on, it would be huge. Unfortunately, this request isn't getting many votes or much attention.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

alemanda
Advocate
Try dialux
http://www.dial.de/DIAL/it/dialux.html
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Karl Ottenstein
AC 18's CineRender engine supports IES lighting.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!