Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

PlotMaker Titles

Anonymous
Not applicable
For those of us who don't link all the PlotMaker files directly from AC, I wish, oh how I wish that the AutoText in the Titles would be smart enough to remove the extension of files. I won't even mention (k, maybe I will) that this should've been done this way from the start, but...

To explain further, even for those who link their drawings directly from AC, I believe there are at least some "drawings" (standard details, abbreviations, engineering dwg/dxf files, etc) that would be linked to an existing file. I would think that the AutoText should be smart enough in these cases to drop the extension. This should be able to be done in a number of ways:
1. drop the last 4 characters of titles (dot and 3-letter extension)
2. erase everything from the last dot back.
3. have a list of extensions to be removed (pmk, dxf, dwg, gif, jpg, etc)
4. any other simpler way would work also.

Just a simple wish in the interest of better automation.
4 REPLIES 4
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes Archicad has a number of great solutions that fall over at the last hurdle and become useless
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Sergio wrote:
For those of us who don't link all the PlotMaker files directly from AC, I wish, oh how I wish that the AutoText in the Titles would be smart enough to remove the extension of files.
Even we who do link the views wish that - as we do link DWGs, images, XLSs, DOCs ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
we of the 'other side' just wish that we could link XLSs and DOCs. . .

b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE