BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Preserve photo quality and colors saved into pdf

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi! I added renderings into my layouts, through "placing external drawings". (so I can scale them as needed otherwise it doesn't work properly...)
In reality - the photo looks good, in archicad layout it looks good too but then once it is saved into pdf it is WAY darker. I saved it in highest 9000DPI. Why it looks differently? the point of layout and presentation is to look accurate so why would be the colors saving completely differently, and so much darker? 

photos attached. the darker is saved from archicad to  PDF and the  lighter version is as it suppose to be.  

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 12.56.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 12.57.22 PM.png

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
4 REPLIES 4
Janne
Participant

This has been persistent issue since internal PDF "engine" was changed maybe in AC20-22 (can't remember). Based on my tests (macOS) images placed as external drawings are forcefully converted into "Generic RGB" instead of preserving color profile of the original image. This conversion usually makes images way more darker and also alter some colors.

I'd like to see fix for this since maintaining desired image appearance is of course very important in planning.

I'd suggest that:

1) ideally PDF saving would instead preserve color profile of the image (if included)

2) have options for output color profile

I am glad I am not only one. I do have Mac too). I had feeling archicad cares about high quality pdfs and high quality renderings since they make upgrades annually for that,  but then…. They change the whole outcome into RGB? I am missing a point of why they would do it. 

ok I am quite new here and wonder is there a way to still move this topic into “wishlist”? Maybe they can add it into the new archicad (honestly the whole saving pdf IU setting shall be updated into a clean process just like adding successfully photos by however I want instead just through drawing tool, only option to additionally adjust them. Very outdated. 

@cocoloco wrote:

Ok, I am quite new here and wonder is there a way to still move this topic into “wishlist”? 

I have moved this topic to the Wishes forum and slightly modified the title to indicate the wish.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you endlessly! 👀🩵🙌

Learn and get certified!