BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Publisher scope menu - make default value visible (Entire Set, Selected Items, Layouts in Current..)

Robert Nichols
Advocate

Every time I publish, I find myself opening the pop-up menu establishing scope for the publishing operation to confirm it is set as I think I left it (e.g. Selected Items, Entire Set, etc). That's a nuisance when its set properly. Even more of a nuisance when I forget to check and it is set wrong. If the default value of that pop-up was visible in advance of clicking on it, it would improve workflow here. 

publisher_wish.jpg
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
3 REPLIES 3

Do you not use the Transmittals and then default it to issue current transmittal?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
DGSketcher
Legend

I would like to see a way to make that "scope" stick per Publisher Set.

It's great for flexibility if you work with a single Publisher Set, but I issue my project drawings to three different locations depending on if I want separate drawings, only changed drawings or all drawings. At present this means drilling down into the individual Publisher Set and checking the "scope" as it will use the last applied selection setting rather than the last one used with an individual Publisher Set which would make more sense. 

The "scope" could be easily indicated (and managed) with an icon to the right of the individual publisher set names. This would then make the prospect of publishing several sets at once a lot more viable. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
stoneunturned
Booster

I agree completely, quite annoying when you forget to check and it starts publishing the wrong sheets. Frustrating when the pressure is on on the big projects. 

Lee, yes, but I'm sure most people like myself switch between 'selected' and 'current transmittal' quite often. On big projects we're constantly sending out relevant info to various consultants and often have no need or no time to publish the entire set again.

Maybe something like the attached snip where you click the publish button and it shows your three options every time. Selecting one of the options triggers the publish.

Related but separate issue: having the ability to duplicate the layouts from a previous transmittal set eliminating the need to painstakingly build a previous consent package from scratch. The whole transmittal system so far is good, but doesn't seem to factor in that some projects aren't a straight line and on big projects especially it is quite draining when the sheet count is high.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 112218.png

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard
Learn and get certified!