BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Quicker access/editing of layers

VAX
Participant

To increase productivity and speed of access to alter/edit layers list (which I use very frequently,) I think a layer list that can be accessed without opening a dialogue box, by simply hovering over it would be extremely beneficial. 

Also if the quick layers palette, or the layer list in the info box palette, let me lock or change visibility of layers that would also be great.

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

I'm not trying to diminish your wish... but would just mention that once a template is set up, one almost never has to edit the layers in the future (beyond QuickLayers type things while working).  If you are altering things in the Layer Settings Dialog "very frequently", it suggest to me a problem with your workflow... perhaps insufficient layer combinations.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Botonis
Advisor

If you create keyboard shortcuts for turning on off layers similar to the quick layers pallete you will accelerate your workflow significantly. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Learn and get certified!