BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Quickly hide cameras & paths on floor plan

Now, to hide Cameras & Paths on a floor plan, you have to go to Cameras>Path and then select Display Options. Not even a shortcut to get to that buried option.

This should be an On-screen View Option, and added to that Toolbar as a toggle.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
12 REPLIES 12
runxel
Legend
This, and another wish I just shamelessly put here:
I'd like to have sets for display options, because at the moment it's often a click orgy to get the right things show up.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
godi
Enthusiast
Richard wrote:
Now, to hide Cameras & Paths on a floor plan, you have to go to Cameras>Path and then select Display Options. Not even a shortcut to get to that buried option.

We should need only a new right-click menu option "hide cameras".
So easy should be.
runxel
Legend
godi wrote:
Richard wrote:

We should need only a new right-click menu option "hide cameras".
So easy should be.
No, please not. There is already so much in the right click menu. "Hide cameras" doesnt belong there for sure.
Richard is quite on spot with the wish.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
dcerezo
Advocate
How could would it be if you could customize the right click menu to whatever you want? I mean have the usual stuff and then the option to add 3 or 4 more things only you want. Just a thought.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The context menu is smart in that in can change depending on what is selected.
I think it would be a good working method to select a Camera, and the "Hide Camera Path" command would then appear in the context menu. When no Camera is in the selection, the command would not appear in the context menu.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dcerezo
Advocate
I agree, that's what I mean...maybe they can design a way for us to add that to the context menu.

I would love to be able to have "Redefine View With Current Settings" in a right click context menu. If I had a nickel for every time I have mouse over to the view map, right click, then click on that, I'd have lots of nickels.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Not as good of a solution as having this ability in the actual interface of AC, but I've used this method in my templates for 25 years or so. I have pre-saved paths in my camera tool. I have the tool defaulted to "01 Still Cameras" so I can just start putting cameras in the plan without any preparation. But, when I need to hide them, I go to the camera tool and choose "00 Cameras Off"
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Johan Stinckens
Advocate
LaszloNagy wrote:
The context menu is smart in that in can change depending on what is selected.
I think it would be a good working method to select a Camera, and the "Hide Camera Path" command would then appear in the context menu. When no Camera is in the selection, the command would not appear in the context menu.
I really can't seem to understand why this isn't included in the Model View Options!
Adding a section similar to "Construction Element Options" it would be fairly easy to connect the display options (None, Camera's only, Camera & Path, Everything) to different sets of MVO (if needed).

And while we're at it, why not include similar settings for annotations? -> None, Texts, Dimension, All.
Could really be useful when creating clean 3D Documents.
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
Barry Kelly
Johan wrote:
I really can't seem to understand why this isn't included in the Model View Options!
Adding a section similar to "Construction Element Options" it would be fairly easy to connect the display options (None, Camera's only, Camera & Path, Everything) to different sets of MVO (if needed).

Only if GS gives us back an "Update" or "Redefine" button in the MVO settings.
I would only want to change the camera paths on/off on screen only (I know they don't print anyway).
I wouldn't want the actual MVO combination updated automatically.

See ... https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69580

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!