Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Reason for AC9.1 - Magnify Palettes!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I guess there is place here for a link to the thread about the Magnify palette option which was present in Archicad 7, but later removed.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4033

For me, the numbers in the Coordinate Box are too small on a 1600x1200 screen, even when it's 21". There is a tip on Archiguide on how to fix this iin XP, but still no fix for MacOSX.

But thinking of it, all palettes should be re-sizeable like many of them were in Archicad 7. This, if anything, is a reason for Archicad 9.1!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
15 REPLIES 15
Thomas Holm
Booster
Fine average there - 100% 😉
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I personally think that most buttons etc are way too big in AC generally.

Making it look more childish is a way - ok that might be a bit harsh. I like the size of the co-ordinates box and the number, and think that every pallette and dialogue box should be similar in size to this. But I can see where you're coming from. Now that AC9 is out and the new managment or pallettes etc is include, maybe there should be two sizes. Though I guess as the old saying goes cant please everyone all of the time.

Though again, some consistancy with sizing would be great. And keep it condenced I say.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Dwight
Newcomer
Don't forget the analog approach - a nice magnifying glass hung on a gooseneck over the top edge of the display can impart a cool "Brazil" movie theme to your workplace.
What was Sam Lowry's Ministry, anyway?

I tried this recently. Went to the "dollar store" and bought a magnifying glass. They should call it the $1.25 store because everything in this place costs more than a buck. That magnifier would have made a fine stage prop but sure was a lousy optic. What was I expecting?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've beenn wishing for this since I bought a 19'' monitor and started using 1600/1200. There were several topics on this matter (some posted by me), but in vain.

The only way around that I know is to increase font size in Registry.

Not the easy way, though ...
Thomas Holm
Booster
I personally think that most buttons etc are way too big in AC generally.
Wait twenty years, and you'll see - or rather not!
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Already added to wishlist as:
"Magnified state for palettes"

Balazs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
They should call it the $1.25 store because everything in this place costs more than a buck.
They probably mean US$. If things keep going the way they are that'll be the 88¢ (CAN) store for you.
Dwight
Newcomer
And just after I get my big public art break in Denver - your dollar crashes - should change name to "dolla" to reflect bronx pronunciation and proof that it is smaller than before.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Note concerning text size in control and info boxes:

Just having finished updating from old CRT displays to new Cinema display, the text is so much sharper that I don't feel fifty and blind anymore.

While some may feel the need for enlarged text, I'm satisfied with the staus quo, all of a sudden.
Dwight Atkinson