Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Reason for AC9.1 - Magnify Palettes!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I guess there is place here for a link to the thread about the Magnify palette option which was present in Archicad 7, but later removed.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4033

For me, the numbers in the Coordinate Box are too small on a 1600x1200 screen, even when it's 21". There is a tip on Archiguide on how to fix this iin XP, but still no fix for MacOSX.

But thinking of it, all palettes should be re-sizeable like many of them were in Archicad 7. This, if anything, is a reason for Archicad 9.1!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
15 REPLIES 15
MSotero
Participant
In the Mac Finder choose View/Show View Options
and you'll find a slide bar at the top for making things bigger or smaller

Perhaps something along these lines would accommodate everyone.
Dwight
Newcomer
It seems that these system features are easy enough to access, but nobody seems to do it .... say, adobe.... but their dialogs are big enough as it is... I wonder why that is....
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas Holm
Booster
Dwight,did you by any chance get new glasses in the process?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Dwight
Newcomer
Nope. the bigger display - 100 ppi - and the LCD is SHARP.
To compare with my three year old CRT 21" is shameful. I turned it off.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Nope. the bigger display - 100 ppi - and the LCD is SHARP.
To compare with my three year old CRT 21" is shameful. I turned it off.
This was my experience with the LCD's that I use (Dell laptop; Dell and Viewsonic 19" on desk) ... compared with the two 21" higher end CRT's that I had. My wife uses one of the old tubes now, and I was astonished at how smudgy type was on it, but it doesn't seem to bother her since generally she's looking at large fonts and not the tiny type in our palettes.)

Karl (non-essential post, but it is getting me really close to the 1,000 mark!)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if Karl is using this thread as a 'bump up your post' dumping ground?

... I'm currently using a laptop at 1600x1200 and the clarity of the display is such that I (born 1969) don't have any problem with the font size. Afair, Microsoft had a PowerTool magnifier which I would imagine could be useful?

By the way - I used to have 'snap' at 3 pixels on my old 1280x1024 CRT ... and I have upped snap to 5 pixels now ... but the LCD clarity difference is still _amazing_.

- Stuart