BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Reference to Core of Composite

Anonymous
Not applicable
This may have been posted before (perhaps even by me) but I'm feeling too lazy to look it up.

I think it would be very useful, and probably not that difficult to implement, to have an option to reference composite walls to their core as well as their finished faces. This would allow layout to face of framing regardless of changes in the wall surfaces (layers of gyp, change from stucco to brick, etc.)

By itself I think this would be handy. Combined with the long sought "core only" model/display feature it would be great.
3 REPLIES 3
A big Affirmative for the Display Core Only wish.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Aaron wrote:
A big Affirmative for the Display Core Only wish.
Agree! But, THIS wish is for being able to reference the core - e.g., getting appropriate mercedes cursor on each core skin, etc ...Matthew, correct me if I'm interpretting your wish incorrectly.

Karl

PS My workaround for 'core only' is to have pen sets and pen assignments that allow me to turn all non-core skins and fills to white. The result isn't perfect depending on the model, joints and display order, but the best we can do today, I think.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are correct Karl. This wish is for the reference line option. The core-only has been wished for loud and long so I didn't want a reprise here.

Of course this wish would probably be a necessary part of the core-only option.

I too have used the pen workarounds you describe (and variations) but they are never quite right.
Learn and get certified!