BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Renovation tool for composit walls

DianaT
Participant

Dear Graphisoft,

It's very cute that every year you try to come up with different little (unimportant sometimes!) improvements in order to sell another version of this programme, but please think a little about all the poor mortal users (me included) that work with Archicad (since 2005 even) for residential projects and not super big and complexe projects and have a very special need - how to divide the composite wall in order to 1. extract an existing layer et the exterior of the existing wall (normally an exterior brick façade) - demolish filer- and 2. add the insulation and a new finnishing for the wall - it's a very common procedure in real-life renovations - why the hell it's (still) impossible to make it in Archicad??? 

I've read some topics on this forum in 2011 about this particulary issue... then a huge pause, then again some crazy people asked about it in 2017 and 2021 and then stopped...

Please, crazy people, don't stop asking for the improvement of this tool... cause we damn need it..

Kind regards,

A concerned user :)))

1 REPLY 1
Laurentiu C
Booster

They know for sure, and according to the roadmap, it's under research.

It's named "Skin-by-skin Design":

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/skin-by-skin-design

Probably not going to come out in AC28. AC29 or AC30 would seem more likely to me.

Check out the roadmap and see what else they are working on.

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/under-research

If there are other things you'd wish for, post them in the Wishes part of the community.

Laurentiu | Architect | exstudio
AC 17-27 INT
Work | Laptop | HP ZBook Fury 15.6 G8 | Win11 22H2 | i9-11900H / RTX A4000 / 32GB
Personal | PC | Win10 | i7-6700K / GTX 1070 / 32 GB
Learn and get certified!