BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

!Restored: Stair, Stair, Stair .........Stair !- Vote for this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Last day i went to Autodesk Revit 2008 seminar. I think the most of properties of the Revit have stolen/copied from Archicad. But they improve it very quickly.

They introduced to making stairs. It has very easy creating and editable options.
For example :
-you can define the number of stories for the repetition of stair module. By this property there is perfect intersection of inner stair rails.
- you can reshape the stair how you want by streching Free form !

By AC 11 it must be improved.

* i'll add some other wishes
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know anything about how revit makes stairs, but I think everyone would like to see a overhaul of the stairmaker
Aussie John
Newcomer
And another version arrives ( well soon) and still no apparent changes to stairmaker.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

voted !
We just hope that we shall be listened now for the next 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Voted.
I'll try not to fall down in the stair from Archicad!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there ! Voted
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in !!!
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
The answer for now is: ArchiStair by Cigraph (freely modeled stairs).
Some improvements in ArchiCAD are needed, but these tool is quite good for standard projects. So I voted for "Important" not "Essential" 🙂
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Rafal wrote:
The answer for now is: ArchiStair by Cigraph (freely modeled stairs).
Some improvements in ArchiCAD are needed, but these tool is quite good for standard projects. So I voted for "Important" not "Essential" 🙂

We've purchased both ArchiStair and StairBuilder, and I can confidently say that no stair tool (including AC's StairMaker and Stair Objects) is sufficient. Of the 3, ArchiStair is definitely the friendliest, and most powerful, but it's also an addon, which I've grown to detest.

Not one of the four options can create a (US) code compliant continuous stair -- even the most basic concrete-filled-steel-pan tread steel stair commonly used for egress. On our last project (using ArchiStair), the stair model was merely a placeholder, and I had to add a number of 2D elements to both the plan and section (i.e. more-or-less redraw) to achieve adequate representation.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Not one of the four options can create a (US) code compliant continuous stair -- even the most basic concrete-filled-steel-pan tread steel stair commonly used for egress. On our last project (using ArchiStair), the stair model was merely a placeholder, and I had to add a number of 2D elements to both the plan and section (i.e. more-or-less redraw) to achieve adequate representation.
Well Put
Learn and get certified!