BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Roof Plan w/ various colors

archislave
Enthusiast
I would like to see the components of a roof be unique by changing linetypes and colors within the roof plan view. ie: Pivot line being a different color and linetype from edges. In fact graphisoft should look at what Revit has done by using an angle symbol at all slopes.

I would also like to see a true aerial view of the roof plane so that hidden roof planes were shown hidden or dashed.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea. I'd like to get away from having to draw lines and turn the roof slabs off where they overlap eg, porches, complex roofs. Also would be good if assigned fill was hidden at overlap.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
s2art wrote:
I'd like to get away from having to draw lines and turn the roof slabs off where they overlap eg, porches, complex roofs. Also would be good if assigned fill was hidden at overlap.

Stuart:

I have been able to get the roofs to show correctly in plan view by turning on the 2D fill option, setting the background of the fill to white, then altering the Display Order to "stack" the roofs in the correct order.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
TomWaltz
Participant
You can also have some real fun by making a "common brick" hatch set to color 91 (or some other non-plotting color) part of the higher roof, to partially hide the roofs below, which print as dashed lines
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good tips guys, thanks. Will give them a go.

Cheers
Learn and get certified!