Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rotate and Flip

DaveOlufs
Participant
While I'm committed to using AC, I struggle with all the clicks needed for certain functions. One in particular is ROTATE and another is FLIP...

While the Rotate tool, Rotate Copy tool is very helpful for different degree settings. I humbly suggest incorporating a tool that ROTATES 90 degrees at a time. On previous applications, 'R' was set to this 90 degree rotate. I used it all the time.

Another tool that I used a lot, which was also a one button click to perform, was FLIP. It's the same as mirror only less clicks and I could FLIP horizontal or vertical using the 'H' horizontal flip or 'F' flip vertical. Again this was a very useful tool.

On a different subject, I'm not sure I understand the need to stay within the view screen when performing a move. Again in my past applications, when I moved my mouse off the screen the view moved with the mouse. I didn't have to shortcut to PAN or ZOOM unless I wanted. So drawing a line or polygon or continuous walls or fills, I just kept going without having to, yet again, hit more buttons to move around my drawing.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
1 REPLY 1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dave,
You forgot to vote
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"