Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Scheduling of Curtain Wall Doors

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We need to be able to schedule the door panels within Curtain Walls along with the Door objects... OR... perhaps insert Door objects into CW in much the same way we insert them into Walls.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Essential.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on this? Just trying to do the same thing myself...
Hobbesnb
Booster
Agreed. As a work-around in the past, I've deleted the panel out of the section i want the door to be in, and placed a panel-thickness wall and regular door object that will schedule properly.
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can schedule panels of the curtain wall, and even limit it to those that function as doors. It has been in since 13 I believe.
Hobbesnb
Booster
Good call!

I'll add those criteria for the CW panels to my schedules and see if it all meshes well.

thanks
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
Anonymous
Not applicable
I read the string of comments in this particular forum. It seems there is isn't really a direct way of inserting a door in the curtain wall AND have it automatically show up in the NCS Door & Frame Schedule. If there is a creative way to do this I would appreciate a response on this issue.

The Curtain Wall Panel Selection Settings only shows the ID for the panel itself but not the door. See attached.

I hope Graphisoft will be able to provide this important feature both for doors and windows in curtain wall in the near future.

Another odd thing I noticed is in 3D view of the curtain wall, the hinge side of the door is mirror opposite of that shown on the floor plan.
Dennis Lee
Booster
For scheduling issues and also for the flexibility and options of the door itself, I usually put a wall with a regular door right at the spot where the door should be, and delete the curtainwall panel so that there is no panel at that spot. I usually make the bottom frame to be 1/16" thick or something like that to show as a threshold also.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis,

Thanks for your response and solution.

Curtain wall tool had been out since AC12. It's unfortunate a built-in solution has not yet been found for placement of doors and windows to be automatically included in the door and window schedules.

D
matthewjj
Newcomer
It would be great if you could insert doors INTO the curtail wall and have a smart automatic handling of the door frames and curtain wall frames. I was able to get the curtain wall doors to schedule with my regular doors but the don't appear to use the same parameter for width, height and panel thickness so for some folks that would be a deal breaker. For a project with less than a dozen or so doors inside curtain walls I think you can do what I like to call "digital white out" for those particular incompatible fields in the layout environment. A workaround, but still faster than creating the entire thing by hand.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan