BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Sills and Thresholds

Can we please, please have consistent sill types across all windows and doors. Windows can have a metal profile sill whereas door can’t. It would be great if the style of sill could be consistent across all door and window objects. Also please can we get sills on the sliding folding door types. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
2 REPLIES 2
Miha_M
Advisor

I think the window and door tools should get a general overhaul. I already suggested in another post that we would like to have more control over how the window/door related structural elements (lintel) and interior and exterior trims with all elements and parts (for which I even don't know the right name for in english) can be designed. I think the existing tools should work as a combination of a wall opening (with interior and exterior trim design options, possible in combination with profiled elements) and windows / doors library elements.

But even a consistent sill type would be an improvement.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

I think the tutorials on GDL statements and windows are very lacking.
1. I hope that the door frame, leaf, opening, cavity closure, etc. are completely separated and explained so that users can easily make and use the type of door.
2. It is easier to explain the direction and location of the door...

3. I want to make it easier to understand the details of the cavityclosure. Because there is no need to learn or use options that are not used in each country...

To make it easier to create GDL
I think it would be best to hand it over as personally as possible.

And don't forget to allow the insulation to be used fit to skin in the cross section... ^^

AC27 on window 11
Learn and get certified!