BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Single Attribute Manager For Multiple Files

NandoMogollon
Advocate
The Wish:
Have a Single Attribute Manager To modify attributes in Multiple Files at the same time.

Why?
Because it will offer a Tool to Keep the Consistency of Attribute Standards and with it all the Construction and Graphic Standards in the entire Office.

Because it allows to have another Cooperation Option to the Teamwork Workflow. One with multiple hot-linked Files for a single project and a single set of Standards (Attributes). This is specially useful when because of Hardware limitations you need to keep an Entire project among multiple files in order to distribute sections, views, schedules, 3D docs, etc... even Layouts.

Because it will offer a work around for the known attribute number Vs attribute name inconsistencies among File's layers, fills, profiles, etc...

The Cons:
Graphisoft appears to ignore the wishes on the Forum. There is no gentle Official Reply saying : Thanks for you wish, we will put it in our Code writer's "To Do" list and we will valuate the need for it in the market.

After the TW2 evolution, Cooperation improvements will be sent to the bottom in the priorities for next AC versions.

It only works for Offices with internal Networks.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but I rather say this without any "anesthetics"

Best Regards
Nando M.
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
12 REPLIES 12
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

It is 2020 and I still couldn't find anyone from Graphisoft addressing this issue... That's sad.

This feature would be a huge improvement for project management in complex projects consisting of multiple files.

As a side note - DWG/DXF Translators already use this way of external settings management. I understand that Attributes are way much more complex to handle for the developers, however this is one of the Essential (as the poll implies) improvement desired by the users.

Looking forward to seeing someone from Graphisoft addressing this topic - we need at least an answer would it be possible to implement in the upcoming releases.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
lmcardoso
Booster
11 years later I am still wishing for this!!!!
ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks lmcardoso. I totally missed this ancient wish.
I posted a similar wish here. Dedicated Shared Resource File. At least I got some feedback from GS.
I noticed that NandoMongollon now collaborates with GS. Perhaps this is a good sign.
Cheers,
Learn and get certified!