Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Single button for the stair, curtain wall and rail tool materials

I just spent 10 $%#&! minutes going through dozens of tabs and probably 100 clicks to simply make a rail be all one color when shown in the elevation, or any 3D window. This is not how we should be spending our time with this program. I reported this four years ago here. Laszlo Nagy was involved in the discussion as well, so it "should" have made it to R&D.

Please, PLEASE make a single button for the stair, curtain wall and rail tool to turn the "entire" 3D representation of those elements one pen.

Do. This. Now! Fix existing potholes already in road.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

I know what you mean, one of the first things I did when GO's arrived was move to a single pen set and have a GO that converted every line to a single black pen. Obviously there are exceptions to implement for highlighting etc, but I have never looked back. Could that be a "workaround" for you?

I do consider the number of pen settings is one of those areas drastically in need of simplification, but... I'll stop now. 😉 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
mthd
Ace

Archicad is badly in need of line consolidation as has been pointed out here once again.

Heaps of extra line parameters is a direct result of resorting to a GO system. A bandaid solution.

A simple fix is by controlling all pen weights, display and styles with layers. Why can’t GS see that ?

They may have their reasons but the current system certainly doesn’t make sense to many of us.

Hopefully they do see it and are working on it because I notice allot less layers in AC27 in the default configuration on the Australian template.

But individual elements are a just cluttered up with too many pen styles, line types and colors.

Honestly I don’t know or even understand what goes where anymore.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
NAAY = Not An Ace Yet

I see the Stair, Rail and Curtain Wall tools as objects, which. they essentially are with an advanced UI. As with the object tool, they simply need ONE button to override object pens for a single pen.... again, as the objects already do. Why is this so hard?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System