Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Skylight tool - opening material

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I can control the Skylight tool opening material!

Now there is not a way to define the material of the opening. If a Skylight is inserted into a Roof, the opening adopts the bottom material of the Roof, which is usually the interior material. But if a Skylight is inserted into a Shell, It adopts the opposite side material, which is usually the outside material.

I think this had been overseen during the rewriting of the code of the new Skylight tool but it could easily be corrected.

I prefer to use the Skylight tool without the interior lining. In this way the geometry is not so complex, the model is lighter and it is easier to manipulate it when I export it to other applications.

Skylight tool - opening material.gif
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Kliment, try to use the Flip command on the Shell to achieve that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Laszlo, this is a nice workaround, but at this stage of my project it is not worth the effort to flip them as some of them are rotated and skewed and there are a lot of SEO's and trims. I have already found a way to model it. I just opened this poll to point out the problem.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Kliment,
In the US library one of the skylight materials is for the lining which controls what you are trying to set. Is this different in the International version?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alas, there is not an option to control the edge materials in the int version. The skylight is ""Skylight top hung". There are only Frame mat, Frame cover mat and Glass mat.
Could you post a screenshot from the US version to have a look at it?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
kliment wrote:
Could you post a screenshot from the US version to have a look at it?

Skylight_Lining_Material.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, this is the Interior Lining, which I prefer not to use, as I have explained in the topic. It adds unnecessary and complicated geometry to the model.

I hoped the Skylight tool was different in the US version.