Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Surface painter missing element types

4dProof
Advisor

I've been noticing the surface painter is missing the mark on a LOT of elements. Stairs, railings, curtain walls, and the cabinet objects. At first, it seems it works for all objects, but for some reason, it does not allow me to assign surfaces to the cabinet faces/drawers/etc.
These are the types of elements that are the most tedious to edit surfaces for, as the attributes and settings are often burried in menu structures that take extra time to dig through.
I think it would be a great improvement to AC to make sure the surface painter works, especially for these more complex elements.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

@4dProof wrote:

I've been noticing the surface painter is missing the mark on a LOT of elements. Stairs, railings, curtain walls, and the cabinet objects. At first, it seems it works for all objects, but for some reason, it does not allow me to assign surfaces to the cabinet faces/drawers/etc.

Seems to be working for me.

Don't forget you can use the TAB key to change between 'all faces' and 'all similar faces'.

BarryKelly_0-1715219584327.png

And remember if an object has control over separate faces, but they are all set to the same material, the surface painter will override 'all similar surfaces'.

So all surfaces in that object will change, even if you can set them individually in the object settings.

i.e. if all the drawer faces are the same (blue), you can not change them individually.

That has to be done in the object settings.

But once they are individual, the surface painter can change them individually.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11