BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Update Details from Source without updating Attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update Detail Drawing from source without updating Pen and Fill Attributes.

If I modify source drawings and want to uptade Details, but also don't change still modifed lines and fills, I must copy all manuel overdrawed lines and fills, update from source and paste they.
That's why I need this second option for details updating!
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
How can Archicad tell if you only changed a line's color, or moved it to a new location?

Right now it deletes ALL things Archicad created, and re-draws them. I think this is kind of a case of you can either update, OR you can keep your changes. Part of why it's good to model as you want to draw, not model then change it all in details!

I'm not saying I disagree, but you can get around this in other ways.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
How can Archicad tell if you only changed a line's color, or moved it to a new location?
For each 2d element AC can save/remember near Internal-ID also that element was modified. This for exp. can be done by adding new ckeck-box(or something like Custom Dimesions tool) to Info Box. User will manualy say to AC that element is modified. AC can remember this and after rebuild nothing will this element, because(if) the source and target elements have same Internal_ID.
So if user has edited(for example has changed pen color) any 2d element, then has changed something in source drawing and need to update detail, but keep modified elements after rebuild, the user can just click on, for exp., "Rebuild modiefed detail drawing" option from menu(or buttom from toolbar). AC 1st will check all elements by their internal ID's to different auto and user created elements, then will check if any was edited.
TomWaltz wrote:
I'm not saying I disagree, but you can get around this in other ways.
I do it today in other way, but it's requires time. And why do it in other ways when it can be done much more easier.
Learn and get certified!