BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Update the BIM server/files from previous versions

Chadi SAROUFIM
Contributor
Graphisoft should make it easier to upgrade a BIM server and its files rather than doing the following:
- Open each file/project which is under 15.
- Send and receive
- Leave the teamwork (applicable to all of the users signed in the file)
- Prepare to migrate
- Open 16
- Import migrated file
- Save

We should be able to just upgrade the BIM and its files at the same time in one step.

It is very hectic when you have many projects, 30 or more...
-------------

Chadi Saroufim, Assoc. AIA

M. Arch & M. Urban Design, Partner

Idepconsult – Mounir Saroufim and Partners

ArchiCAD 23 INT

Windows 11
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chadi you have my sympathies. The latest advice on the wiki is to upgrade all teamwork projects to latest version, so leaving old ones isn't really an option.. Historically I have never had a smooth upgrade; the biggest pain being library parts. We have used various cadimage tools for years now and have seen a smooth transition between versions. In fact it's one of the reasons we use them! I wish GS would learn from them and get over the whole name-library part-with-version-number thing!
I can see embedded libraries may be part of the solution but that only works where there is one building. We do large complexes of many buildings and like to share a furniture library across all. Embedded library fails in this instance.

Here's hoping 16 breaks with tradition…
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chadi wrote:
Graphisoft should make it easier to upgrade a BIM server and its files rather than doing the following:
- Open each file/project which is under 15.
- Send and receive
- Leave the teamwork (applicable to all of the users signed in the file)
- Prepare to migrate
- Open 16
- Import migrated file
- Save

We should be able to just upgrade the BIM and its files at the same time in one step.

It is very hectic when you have many projects, 30 or more so it is better to do it this way.
Hello,
I want to do an upgrade and I am finding it very frustrating. I am doing pretty much what you mentioned here, which is just very time consuming. Did you find an easier way?
Learn and get certified!