BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

WISH: 3D Worksheet

The Adam Project
Beginner

Wish: To have predefined independent 3d space for object creation instead to make objects (customized furniture, handles, equipment etc) inside the common project space.

In my pipeline I make a layer combination called "Object Modelling" and special layer "Objects" is turned on and other layers are turned off. In the center of XYZ I make my customized forms and save them as "save selected as (option)". 

It seems to me that could be better to have more flexible project management if implementing predefined 3D Worksheets as additional option in the archicad's project structure.

Maybe it could look like I did in a mockup archicad UI.

ymdvPJKJtg.png
AC26
RYZEN 9 5950X 128G RTX3060 12G
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

I would hope the much requested in-place hotlink editing which is now on the AC Roadmap would go a long way to addressing the Worksheet idea. I appreciate they have different outcomes, but there is a probably a big overlap.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4dProof
Advisor

I use layers, I've seen people dedicate entire stories to this... 

generally I create the objects in a separate file to keep things lean and clean

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Learn and get certified!