BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wall on terrain

Anonymous
Not applicable
draw a wall on top of terrain so that is follows the slope and have control over its top surface per segment. it could be flat top or it can follow the terrain precisely or the general slope.
We are able to do this in a more uncontrolled way using the rail tool but its a hack to be honest and also it does not intersect with other Walls the way it should. Also tight corners and sudden slopes can be tricky and lead to weird geometry.
This wish extends to a more flexible wall tool where you can have more control over top and bottom surface
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
Currently you can do it with a wall with a roof - let say zero thickness, placed on top of the wall. After you cut wall with the roof. A little bit time consuming, but as a result you are getting what you wanted. You also might try to use beam instead of the roof and use SEO Subtraction with Upward extrusion.
Barry Kelly
Or just use an inclined beam instead of a wall.
Then the top will be parallel to the base - whether you have it inclined or horizontal.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
A wall on sloping terrrains always should have segemts with horizontal foundation, otherwise it would beginn to slide "on the slope".

Just cutting it on the surface of a terrain should do the job just for "pictures" but not for real building-drawings..

When walls are to be built in reality, the foundation has always to be horiziontal in segments.

it should always do something liket this old "gdl" from me..

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/19877
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!