Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Work Environment update pain from version to version

MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Check out the thread at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=191928#191928

We need improved export/import of Work Environment items: toolbars, menus etc. Now they can all be transferred as one big package which messes up the new functions in the new version. So, the user has to manually (!) recreate toolbar each time a new version comes out.

Just multiply the number of users with the number of hours they waste each time a new version is released just to get them where they were in the old version? A new version should be a step ahead, not back.
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
7 REPLIES 7
+1000000000000000000

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is essential!

At minimum, the toolbars should be import/exportable separately from the menus.

It would be unusual to have all the new commands set as buttons on toolbars - usually you would only add a few every release (6 new buttons for me this year!), whereas you would probably want most of the new commands in the menus somewhere - there are nearly 80 in AC15.

At the moment I have a choice; either bring in my old toolbars & menus and spend hours adding the new commands into the right places in the menus, or start from scratch with the standard AC15 toolbars & menus and then spend hours customising the toolbars back to how they were before with the addition of 6 extra buttons!

It would save me a lot of time if they were dealt with separately.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
It might be "good enough" if one of the FILTERS in creating the toolbars / menus, etc... they had an option for NEW FEATURES...

Then I could take my existing WE... Filter in NEW FEATURES and decide which ones to add to mine..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
would like to see this implemented
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Peter wrote:
At the moment I have a choice; either bring in my old toolbars & menus and spend hours adding the new commands into the right places in the menus, or start from scratch with the standard AC15 toolbars & menus and then spend hours customising the toolbars back to how they were before with the addition of 6 extra buttons!
This isn't really a choice. I've found that you can't replicate the menus by adding the new commands, and it's far easier (yet still a pain in the *ss) to recreate the toolbars.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
vfrontiers wrote:
It might be "good enough" if one of the FILTERS in creating the toolbars / menus, etc... they had an option for NEW FEATURES...

Then I could take my existing WE... Filter in NEW FEATURES and decide which ones to add to mine..
BTW... this function exists already... probably has for some time... I should check this stuff out before I post!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
BTW... this function exists already... probably has for some time... I should check this stuff out before I post!
... it has, and I should check it out again, but when it was first introduced, Graphisoft did not include ONLY the new features of the current version (and similarly only highlight in blue the new features of the current version in all other WE lists) - but rather accumulated two or more versions, making it too hard to sort through and see what was truly new.

On looking, things are better with the new/blue items in the WE, but still not perfect. For example, under Tool Settings Dialog Boxes, nothing is blue (e.g., not even Shell or Roof entries). And for "All New Commands", all MEP commands are listed in blue, but there is nothing new about any of them. Ditto other add-ons - all adds to clutter for finding what is truly new.

But, it's better than before, and still more helpful than not. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB