BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zones that edit Like Fills!

Andy Thomson
Advisor
Ever get caught with an outdated area table because you forgot to 'update zones'? Should updating not be the default, and freezing be the 'option'?

Also, fills are very snappy to edit, and the pet palette for zones doesn't work with the same functions and efficiency (ie. boolean add/subtract, etc.) - but zones can do more, and get out of the way (Display Option) save for their stamp, which is good behavior.

Who's for snappier zones! Death to Fills!

(sorry, 'tis late)
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
andyro wrote:
Ever get caught with an outdated area table because you forgot to 'update zones'? Should updating not be the default, and freezing be the 'option'?
ever try using the search button at the top of the page before posting your thoughts? have a read of this:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=3304&

if that's not what you need, then i'm sure there are other wishes already here that relate to this kind of zone improvement . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Thanks, I found that topic only via your link, not under search. We have now switched to the stamps that update automatically.

A
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've often wished that fills updated to fill a space similar to zones.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
In essence, if a zone can do so much more than a fill, why have fills at all?

IMO the best thing about zones is colour independence from the pen table, makes for great coloured siteplans with black+greyscale linework.

Fills are just so snappy to work with, which is why I suspect they will persist.
Director
TomWaltz
Participant
If you're going to make a poll. at least have the courtesy to allow for the same levels of gradation everything else has. This is not a "Must have" or "Who cares" item.
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Yes, Djordje already growled at me for that, cannot change it now from pleb or admin level, sorry...

A
Director
Learn and get certified!