Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

common lines of similar cover fills

alemanda
Advocate
It would be very useful if Archicad could hide in floor plan view the common line (where the elements touch each other) of two equal cover fills.
Example: I have a slab and a mesh, with an edge in common, with the same cover fill. I would like Archicad to hide the common line in floor plan view.

It would be very useful in many situations, especially in renovation project where only part of a slab (or mesh) should be demolished ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
totally agree!, I see this coming soon (I hope so), that we can hide lines at least of polygonal objects just like we can do it with the new stair tool.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would expand this wish and I would say that we should be able to control the Line Type, Pen and Visibility of every individual segment of every polygonal element type, just like we can now control the visibility of segments of the Boundary polylines of the new Stair Tool.
That would be extremely useful for the Floor Plan Display in many situations.

For example, here is another thread where the common edges of Slabs would need to be hidden. This feature would be useful in that case too:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=57597
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27