Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

layers list - switchable

Anonymous
Not applicable
As there is no dockable (permanent) layers palete, I want to switch layers on/off using layer selector on Info Box (click "eye" icon...) I know, autocad again.

But it makes sense to me: I see an unwanted object. Want to turn it's layer off. Don't know what layer it's on. Select it, go to layer button, on the roll down list poke the eye
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
jonaszluszpinski wrote:
But it makes sense to me: I see an unwanted object. Want to turn it's layer off. Don't know what layer it's on. Select it, ...
Just turn on the 'Quick Layers' palette (ALT+Q is the default shortcut).
Select the object and turn off its layer.
Also allows you to do other things - turn off all other layers and invert current layers.
The same can be done with locking/unlocking layers.

Barry.
quick_select_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
jonaszluszpinski wrote:
But it makes sense to me: I see an unwanted object. Want to turn it's layer off. Don't know what layer it's on. Select it, ...
Just turn on the 'Quick Layers' palette (ALT+Q is the default shortcut).
Select the object and turn off its layer.
Also allows you to do other things - turn off all other layers and invert current layers.
The same can be done with locking/unlocking layers.

Barry.
… and the best thing is you can then "Undo" (on the Quick Layers palette, not CMD-Z) to go back to your previous layer state(s)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jonaszluszpinski wrote:
I see an unwanted object. Want to turn it's layer off. Don't know what layer it's on.
With the element selected, right-click, in the context menu go to Layers > Hide Layer.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14