Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

marquee tool with customizable depth

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor
I was wandering if marquee tool could be limited within vertical range? How many times you wanted to stretch or mirror walls on floors 2-7 only?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have often wished for this. The interface might be a bit tricky. It should probably have three forms of the marquee line (perhaps light, medium and heavy) to distinguish between one story, multi-story, and full height.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Under Images,
elements to show in 3D
you can set which stories the heavy marquee will show.

Be nice if it were more readily accessable in the marquee Info Box
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor
That could be one of ways of working around the issue, now that building manipulation is more user friendly in 3D. It requires additional step of generating 3d View in floor plan but with improvement of OpenGL is not such a hard task. I will give it a try and see 3d manipulation (drag, mirror etc.) behave same way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the trick would be to connect the plan & 3D marquees. Then the vertical extents could be adjusted in the 3D window while the polygon would still be set up in plan. This would be especially cool if the marquee could be adjusted like any other polygon, and maybe even saved for reuse or inclusion in views.
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Perhaps the trick would be to connect the plan & 3D marquees. Then the vertical extents could be adjusted in the 3D window while the polygon would still be set up in plan. This would be especially cool if the marquee could be adjusted like any other polygon, and maybe even saved for reuse or inclusion in views.

oh yeah! real-time stretching your marquee in three dimensions in the 3D window would magically grow or shrink your model before your eyes!

marquees saved with cameras for fly-through paths would morph their size/shape from one to the next . . . .

when do we get this then?
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Erika wrote:
Under Images,
elements to show in 3D
you can set which stories the heavy marquee will show.

Be nice if it were more readily accessable in the marquee Info Box
Good idea. I agree this may not be the best place for these functions however, I can't think of a better place with that kind of 'history' with users.

Multiple marquees as 3D entities, saved like cameras, stretched like slabs in 2D and 3D would be very cool, I often have to place hotspots just to be able to snap to a recurring marque location...

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro