BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

no more hot spots

Rick Thompson
Expert
I unlink my sections and elevations. I don't need the zillion hot spots that generate when you unlink them. I would like that as an option so I do have to select them and delete them everyday.

thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If we had a sripting langruage you could script that in a simple button
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I tried telling them that during beta, but they insisted it was a feature!

The quickest way I have found to get rid of them is to create a toolbar that has the following buttons:

Suspend Groups
Hotspot
Select All
Clear
Arrow Tool/Last Tool Toggle

Have that toolbar active and run through the necessary buttons in sequence when you unlink sections and elevations. Pretty quick and painless.

I do that same thing for a lot of repetitve tasks, as it is the best way to replicate macros!

Cheers,
Link.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I unlink my sections and elevations. I don't need the zillion hot spots that generate when you unlink them. I would like that as an option so I do have to select them and delete them everyday.
oh god, they drive me nuts, and especially when you zoom out you see nothing but big crosses on your screen.

essential...
::rk
Erika Epstein
Booster
Link wrote:
but they insisted it was a feature!
They told me several versions ago when this behavior first started that it was a bug!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Andy Thomson
Advisor
sheesh, why you unlinking!? Just kidding, but seriously, we are at 85%CD's on a 45 storey condo with a pretty complex base section and (thank the lord) we have kept all sections and elevations live the whole time....

we'll see how much longer it lasts, I will consider our new cad standards successful if we can continue to be productive this way.

ps - we also won graphics praise on a competition job, the cleanup there however used the old trick of copying the building 300' above the live section, and marking it's 4 corners for placement, then we could just roll back to the live model view in the placed PMK when we went back into production (after winning the competition 😉

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!