Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

option for putting any needed parameter in the info box

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has been discussed earlier under some other wishes but I would like to put it up any way.

The option of selecting and arranging parameters from the tool settings dialog box is very useful. it increases efficiency and saves time.

What would be really nice is that one should be able to get any parameter or sub-parameter on to the info box.
Eg
1. I use window markers with custom text Ids. the font size and colour of the text can be changed in the info box but the custom text value cannot be changed.
2. a whole lot of parameters can be changed for walls - but if wall height has to be changed a top &bottom level needs to be entered. same for slab thickness, column heights, beam depths etc.

If all the options in the tool settings dialog box could be mapped on to the info box then it could function as proxy tool settings. then the actual tool settting would be needed only once or twice a day if we are making any non - regular objects.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I am misunderstanding your wish, but I think you can do this in Options > Work Environment > Info Box - select the tool you wish to change info box items for in central panel, then make adjustments in right panel (change order, turn on and off).

Is this what you want?

As for your item 2, I like the fact that you can change the elevation or top height of walls (for example) directly, or you have the option to go into wall settings to change wall height if that suits better. Sometimes one way works better than the other depending on the result you want.
I think it is whole about the GDL objects' parameters...
and that's why I am voting essential
Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel a fool for not having posted this one myself. Though there probably would be some limitations (like arrays), this would be really cool.

The one big issue I see with this is how GS could sort it into the Work Environment settings. Since the UI parts would be created ad hoc by any number of GDL geeks (such as myself) this could be very complicated (perhaps impossibly so).

Perhaps the way to handle it would be to have all custom info panes appear separated from the standard ones in the order determined by the GDL programmer. Perhaps the WE settings could offer the choice to turn these on or off and to include them before or after the standard ones (on and after being the defaults).
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No, I can think of a better place TRACKER!!!
So this way we would not have to do any mambo-jumbo with UI Environment and we could list any number of parameters flexibly and close to the pointer.
::rk
I would place the whole UI and/or Parameters od the object just like we have "Floor plan and section" button and the showing up pane...
I thing such implementation could be easier maybe and consistent?

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a snap shot of what I want to say , just to illustrate how convenoent it would be. May be the pet pallete could also be added to this in some corner. This will be activated with all its options irrespective of wheter a node or edge is clicked , when any particular element is selected. this would make editing and creating really smooth.
TomWaltz
Participant
You can already do this with a custom work environment, can't you?
Tom Waltz