Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

please stop moving things around

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there any need to keep moving things around in the menu's every time a new archicad version comes out, some of us are using archicad to make money for a living and dont have time to spend hours scouring through menu's which should take seconds.

it is a real pain when trying to meet a deadline aswell.

most of things which are being moved about are being moved just for the sake of it. Autodesk is bad at this too, its a shame graphisoft are following suit.

rant over.
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
In my mind, Archicad's menu organisation has gotten better for every version, with some minor exceptions.

But I think you've violated one of the most basic rules of CAD (any computer aided design):
- NEVER change program versions when a deadline is approaching.
If you do that, it's completely at your own risk - read the fine print!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
But you CAN move things back, if you wish, and it only takes a few minutes. And they DO give you transitional work environments, that are as least disruptive as possible.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
__archiben
Booster
percybigun wrote:
is there any need to keep moving things around in the menu's every time a new archicad version comes out, ...
i think that archicad's menus up to AC9 were looking further and further out of touch . . . and there was a need to give them a freshen-up. they only did a major overhaul for 10 . . .
Thomas wrote:
In my mind, Archicad's menu organisation has gotten better for every version, with some minor exceptions.
this i do disagree with . . . whilst it did need an overhaul, what was produced for 10 was bloody awful.

percy - take a look at the work environments posted on the archicad east website ( http://www.archicad.ca/?p=54 ), one of which is a mod of something i proposed for 10 and have developed for 11. you may or may not like it, but i do think it makes more sense than the GS default.
Richard wrote:
... And they DO give you transitional work environments, that are as least disruptive as possible.
not in the INT version. at least there wasn't for 10. i think only GSUS are on the ball enough to sort something out for their users in that respect.
rant over.
yep.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup