Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

"Link drawing to" in Layouts

Mark Davis
Contributor

When using the "Link drawing to" command once a drawing on a layout is selected, it brings up all the views open in the tree.  It means you have to scroll & close through many views to find the one you want to change the drawing to.  Instead it would be great if it opened to the view tree with everything closed.  That way you can quickly go to the view via opening the folders & select the new view.

What currently happens.pngWhat would be good.png
9 REPLIES 9

Absolutely agree. And have the search functionality the same in the Navigator. I think I have suggested this too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
DGSketcher
Legend

I'm hoping the search option is added in AC27, it was an obvious omission from AC26 which was attributed to a shortage of development time.

The open list can be shut down by ALT / Opt - Clicking the top folder. The good news on the open list is the current linked file is usually highlighted so it is easier to find by quickly scrolling and looking for the highlight.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thanks for that.  Do you know what keys for a mac?

Please also add my suggestion to color code folders and ability to hide unused views on clones folders 

Just move your mouse to the top folder and hovver over the expand / collapse arrow, then press and hold the [Option] key (bottom left of keyboard) while you left click your mouse. If you click a second time it will expand all folders. You can also do this on subfolders., and it also works in Navigator.

You don't have a signature, so I don't know which version of AC you are running, but it definitely works as far back as AC24. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I don't have a problem with colour coding, but GS seem colour averse, so who knows.

We're going off topic here, but personally on the cloning front, my thoughts are that the Project Map needs subfolders to enable grouping of sections e.g. by anticipated view scale or content etc which can then be cloned so we don't have to waste time hiding all the irrelevant Views or as present dragging views individually, which takes longer to Manage. This is one of those easy changes that would bring significant productivity improvements...

It has been discussed previously... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Folders-and-Searchbar-for-Worksheets/m-p/264571 

Thanks.  I'm on AC26.  The folders are greyed out & it didn't work for me unfortunately.

You are right! Why add color and much needed functionality if it would interfere with aesthetics!? 😂. Architects

Joke aside, a more automated way of naming views (something like the id manager, so you can automatically add and manage prefixes to different type of sections like kitchen sections, window sections, etc, which in turn could generate a subset of sections), coupled with your suggestion of cloning specific views within folders would be quite powerful.

Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All, 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas about the topic. 

This would be a great addition to the software indeed. 

I entered a wish into our system with the reference number WISH-12765, and hopefully we see it implemented in the near future. 

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer