Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

show object on upper/lower stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great if gdl objects had the same "custom" view options that slabs and roofs now have to show on all stories above or below. This will be very helpful with things like railings for example

Beyond this, I really wish we could have one more option to show an object only on specified layers. For example, I have a hardscape plan I wish to show on both the site plan and the roof plan, I can accomplish this by using layers, but if I wanted to show on some, but not all, of the floor plans, I need to either draw (and who want to draw) or create even more layer combo's (and I have enough as it is without creating new ones for each story).
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
It would be great if gdl objects had the same "custom" view options that slabs and roofs now have to show on all stories above or below. This will be very helpful with things like railings for example
You might look again. It is there in version 9 but I can't recall if it was in 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this feature existing in 9.0 for slabs and roofs, it however does not exist for gdl objects. For example if I have a deck railing I made out of walls and slabs (or whatever tool....) and saved it as a gdl part, AC 9.0 only allows me to show it on 1. it's own story, 2. one story up, down, or up & down, 3. all stories. I would like to be able to show it on all stories above, so I can see it from the story above and from the roof story, but not on the story below the deck. Anyway... that would be nice
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I need to read a bit more carefully. I think it would be nice to be able to assign a given story that it shows up on.