BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

using “Element ID Manager” to renumber ID of objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
While using “Element ID Manager” to renumber ID of objects, hope to increase the choice of "coordinate" as selecting of basis renumbered , And can not only use “Internal ID” .
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand his point about coordinates, but I find the ability to renumbr via the element ID number vital.

If he is suggesting a broader randge of options to sort the numbers by, then I definately agree with that. I need to be able to number items created under windows in three different ways, so I am having to get creative to figure out a way to use the automation. For the timie being, I'm just renumbering everything manually.
__archiben
Booster
tai

are you wanting to ID your elements based on their position within the project rather than by the order in which they were created or selected?

if so, i totally agree with you. cadimage's wall framing add-on allows you to specify a 'materials drop-off point' on plan and then references all of the framing elements in a clockwise direction from this - based on position.

if an add-on can manage to do this, it must be possible to build that intelligence into the element ID manager too.

good wish . . . if i've understood correctly?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
I agree - coordinates and more options would be nice. I've been wanting to be able to choose between ascending/descending values for the classifying parameters. Right now, we only get one direction.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!