Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Drawing list from multiple Archicad files combined

IsabellaMidby
Participant

I have a project with several building on the same site that needs seperate AC files. I would like to be able to have a "Master Drawing List/Register" that can import the layouts from the subsets in my different files so I can publish the full drawing list from the master file? 

Is this possible? 

Note that I dont want to have/publish all layouts from the masterfile because I've experienced that it is too much admin / time that goes into having the drawings of one 

Operating system used: Windows 11

3 REPLIES 3
aarkell
Enthusiast

In our office, for multiple buildings on the same site, we'll often have a separate file for each building and a "shared" file that has information that will be repeated across all buildings. I don't know of a way to import layouts directly. Often times the only sheets that may be exactly the same across all buildings may be details and/or wall and assembly sheets. Typically what we'll do is create the same layout sets in each file, but only draw it in one location. For example, if we want the same window details on sheet A-501 to appear in all files, we would draw and sheet the details in the "shared" file, then publish that sheet(s) to pdf, and then place that pdf on the A-501 layout in each file. If the details change, we would just overwrite the pdf (after archiving original), and then all of the placed drawings in the separate files should update to match.

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10
IsabellaMidby
Participant

Thank you, thats very helpful. 

So you then update the drawing list in the master file and publish it from there even though most your layouts might be empty in there? thats what I was thinking, because we need the drawing list to include all buildings. 

Thanks!

Isabella

Yes, you could do it that way if you want your sheet index to be the same for every building. Same as the details, you would place it on a sheet, publish as pdf, and then place it in each building file. As you mentioned, the sheets would likely be blank in the source file, as the individual building files would have all of the drawings, but this is the workaround. Alternatively, if it is just a drawing sheet index that you need, it could be easier to use a program like Excel to create, then save that as a pdf and place in each building file. Depends on what you need but you may find AC isn't needed if you aren't drawing/modeling anything such as a detail that needs repeated.

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10

Setup info provided by author