Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC26 Saving to Recovery File cannot be completed!

EH21
Enthusiast

In over a decade of using ArchiCAD, I have never had AC crash as much as it does now with my current configuration.

Version 5003 USA Full (Apple Silicon) on Mac Studio 2022 Apple M1 Max, OS Ventura 13.2.1. 

Most recently, in using a BIMcloud teamwork project, after clicking "send & receive" so as to not lose my work, the program completely froze. I had to hard quit, an upon reboot, I have the option to save to recovery file, but I get the notice "Saving to Recovery File cannot be completed!". From here, I have three options: Retry (doesn't work), Suspend Saving to Recovery File (nothing happens), and Cancel (also, nothing happens).

In the end, I had to lose about 2 hours of work. 

This is just feeling so buggy, and I'm getting frustrated. Any advice as to what workflow issues or setup I should be considering?

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 3.30.42 PM.png

ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
4 REPLIES 4
MaFarine
Booster

Hi,

We had the same problem and we can't find any solution to that.

Any help from Graphisoft?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Mathieu Farine | BIM Manager | CCHE Lausanne | Switzerland
AC24-26 FRA | WIN11 | i7-9850H | 32Go | RTX4000
EH21
Enthusiast

Mathieu - I have had no feedback yet! This has not been a problem for me until I did a total workstation change to a Mac Studio and upgraded to AC26. I have been diligent about making sure I'm up-to-date on my OS and ArchiCAD versions.

Hey @EH21 , is your issue resolved? If so, can you please describe the solution? We started facing this issue daily.

What version of ArchiCAD are you using? After upgrading to AC27, it has not been much of an issue.