Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

MEP26 Missing pipes in 2D

DGSketcher
Legend

I am trying to redraw my drains in AC26 after giving up with MEP27. For some strange reason, some inclined pipes fail to show in 2D. The pipes are there in 3D and I can label them in 2D. The rest of the run that was drawn at the same time using the Routing tool are still present in 2D. This seems to happen when I need to adjust the Z value to change gradients which has to be done in the 3D view.

Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this or what I might be doing wrong?

DGSketcher_0-1704365248447.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Found a  / the fix. In the pipe settings > All Parameters > 2D REPRESENTATION > Floor Plan Display I have changed from the logical value of "Projected" to "Symbolic View" and all pipes are now visible as expected.

I must admit to being confused by the terminology here, in other tools Projected would display the 3D shape and Symbolic would just be the pipe centre line. And to add to the confusion the Bend and Wye objects don't even have the Floor Plan Display setting!

Anyway it's a pointless argument as MEP26 is allegedly being scrapped...

DGSketcher_0-1704368426889.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Found a  / the fix. In the pipe settings > All Parameters > 2D REPRESENTATION > Floor Plan Display I have changed from the logical value of "Projected" to "Symbolic View" and all pipes are now visible as expected.

I must admit to being confused by the terminology here, in other tools Projected would display the 3D shape and Symbolic would just be the pipe centre line. And to add to the confusion the Bend and Wye objects don't even have the Floor Plan Display setting!

Anyway it's a pointless argument as MEP26 is allegedly being scrapped...

DGSketcher_0-1704368426889.png