Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Option to open layout without update

Haneef Tayob
Booster
I would like to have the option to [right-click] on a layout and let an option pop up to [open it without an update].

I know that one can disable auto updates on the placed drawings, but sometimes when one is going through the layouts, one does not want to be disturbed by constant updates each time one clicks on a layout.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
Hi Haneef:

A little bit off topic (and not exactly what you want to achieve) but,..... you can "Break the Link" on layouts you don't want to update..... and still re-link when you want to.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
LDAngel
Participant

I would like a pop-up that asks "update all?" with a second option of selecting the drawings to update, including none.

@LDAngel wrote:

I would like a pop-up that asks "update all?" with a second option of selecting the drawings to update, including none.

So then what you would do is you would set all of your drawings not to update automatically.

Then in the Navigator or Drawing Manager, you can select just the drawings you want to update and update them.

Or just right click on the drawing in the layout and 'update'.

If you want to update them all, just select them all in the Drawing Manager and 'update', or right click on the parent folder in your layout page of the navigator an 'update' everything inside that folder.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11