Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Texture Problem in BIMx

Sefa Yakut
Booster

Hello everyone,

The material that I view on the 3D screen in Archicad without any problems does not appear when I transfer it to BIMx.

I can view the building element but the material on the building element is missing. I tried to realign the texture again but this did not bring any results.

Does anyone have any ideas?

SefaYakut_0-1714393110503.png

SefaYakut_1-1714393134873.png

1 REPLY 1
Botonis
Advisor

Check the following whether there is a texture incompability with BIMX:

Textures

BIMx supports the following surface texture formats: jpg, bmp, tif, tga, png, gif.

If a texture would fail to load for any reason, the object that uses it will be drawn with the surface color instead.

As of Archicad 26, when exporting an Archicad model to BIMx, you can set your own texture size limit for a 3D view - for better control over texture quality, model size, and the time needed for export. The previous limit was hard-coded at 1024 pixels in Archicad 25 and earlier versions.

The new default is 2K, and you can max this out to 4K for best detail level, or choose a smaller texture size to limit file size and save time.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.