Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 27 and macOS Sonoma (14)

Is there any word from Graphisoft whether Archicad 27 will fully support macOS Sonoma on release? I understand part of the reason for shifting the release to later in the year was to hopefully achieve this. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
5 REPLIES 5
MinhNguyen
Advocate

There is an article about macOS Sonoma already, in which AC27 was mentioned to be compatible and will receive updates to address some issues at launch

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Koji
Booster

Does the latest Archicad patch 27,1 solve the main problems with MacOS Sonoma?

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish

Interesting that you mention that, @Koji , as the usual Graphisoft action when any update is released is to (1) announce it here and (2) to modify the article - in this case the Sonoma article Minh links to in his post - to reflect what has been fixed and what is still remaining to be fixed.

The update was released yesterday, but the article about the update has now been posted (3 hours ago):

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-1-0-Update-release-and-changes-i...

Equally strange is that when I "Check for Updates" within Archicad 27, I'm told I'm up to date.  Yet, the 27.1.0 update is not classified as a "Preview" on the downloads page:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=update&localization=USA&type=FULL&ver...

If you read the release notes for 27.1.0, they include only this - which (strangely) does not address the Sonoma issues:

List of improvements

Performance

• Basic structure Wall flickered with custom Pen set and Trace Reference activated. (DEF-16032)
  • Archicad could crash if multiple instances were open at once with cloud licenses. (DEF-14726)

Documentation

• Rotated texts got displaced outside their textbox if display scale was larger than 100% on Windows. (DEF-14242)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Let us hope this is an update they have rushed out to fix important problems.

But if that is a total list of 3 fixes, this is a pretty poor update.

Let us also hope there will be more updates coming very soon, not in the usual 2 to 3 months it normally takes for updates to be released.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I also chose the "Check for updates" and got the same up to date message for 27.1.0 UKI.

Not installed yet, but that content list seems a lot shorter than usual.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)