Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall 'Built-in' .object Errors

apetrou
Participant

Hello, I have modelled a whole lot of glazing elements, louvres & screens in my model using the curtain wall tool.
Since then, I've been having a whole lot of teamwork issues where the file is becoming problematic between the BIMserver & local copies leading to crashes.

After reuploading twice from .pln files this continues to happen and the only fix is to rollback or upload a new file.

Looking at Archicad's report, it appears that there are hundreds of errors with Archicad's Built-in curtain wall elements:

apetrou_0-1714698498554.png

Given that these are not a part of libraries where I can open the .gsm I can't see how this can be fixed... Any idea if this is a problem unique to our office, or is this a bug?

Taking the issue to local support too but want to see if anyone here can comment.

Thanks.

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Avoid using the builtin library parts if you can.

Or if you do use them, go through settings and make sure all pens are set correctly (I don't think that will fix anything).

There is a 'BuiltInLibraryParts.lcf' in the program folder.

Maybe you can extract that to see if you can figure out where the issue is - if the objects are in there.

If it is a problem in the objects and you can fix it then you might have two choices.

Fix the object, re-save the LCF and then replace it in the program folder.

You will have to do this for all machines you use.

And if redo this if you ever update.

Or fix the problem and save as a new object that you can place in your office library.

Then you can use that frame or panel object instead of the built-in one.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Barry Kelly

Avoid using the builtin library parts if you can.

Or if you do use them, go through settings and make sure all pens are set correctly (I don't think that will fix anything).

There is a 'BuiltInLibraryParts.lcf' in the program folder.

Maybe you can extract that to see if you can figure out where the issue is - if the objects are in there.

If it is a problem in the objects and you can fix it then you might have two choices.

Fix the object, re-save the LCF and then replace it in the program folder.

You will have to do this for all machines you use.

And if redo this if you ever update.

Or fix the problem and save as a new object that you can place in your office library.

Then you can use that frame or panel object instead of the built-in one.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
apetrou
Participant

I'm going through and changing over to Archicad 26 library objects as we speak, however have been using built in curtain wall elements for 9+ years of modelling complex facades with no issues... Odd that this is a problem now. Would like to understand if this is a recent issue and if GS is across it.

With stairs & rails, I was once told by Graphisoft to avoid the 'built-in' options.

I assume the same would apply to curtain walls.

I was told they are just a 'place holder' or 'default object' for when you do not have a proper library loaded.

Otherwise the tool would just not work.

They have limited functionality anyway and can only do basic settings.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
apetrou
Participant

I suppose I like that they have limited functionality! Simple is sometimes better.. It's a shame that the default object create errors and it's up to the user to identify this without any intuitive way of finding out. Either way - changing over to Library 26 parts has eliminated the error, so expect that this will prevent crashes in the future!

Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi apetrou!

These are just warnings not errors, they probably are not the cause of the crash. Please send the bug reports when they happen, it helps GS to analyze the cause.

The warnings are because it is possible to select transparent/background pen as a contour or cut pen (it should only be available for fill background pens). Changing these in the placed library parts, favorites and tool default should remove the warnings.

You can open any library part from the report by selecting the name and pressing ctrl-shift-o. However you can't overwrite built-in library parts, only save them as another object.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
apetrou
Participant

Hey Peter, I haven't selected any transparent contour pens, that was inbuilt in the built in library part seemingly... On the other hand, changing over all of the frames to Frame 26 and all of the panels to CW Panel 26 seems to have resolved the issue with corrupted objects between my local copy and the server.. Previously I was having CW objects that I couldn't reserve/edit and all other team members having their files crashing.. very unusual behaviour in my experience. I have sent crash reports multiple times from the incident, so hopefully GS can figure out the source of the issue.

Setup info provided by author