Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Window Schedule

colinmcarter
Participant

I am trying to set up a windows schedule.

I cannot find a way to list the window type in the schedule so that if I change a window type on the plan it automaticly updates in the schedule. It should link the the opening type in the window property.

colinmcarter_0-1688260907817.png

I tried CHAT GTP & it gave this answer.

ME: in archicad automaticaiy update window schedule when changing window opening type
ChatGPT

In Archicad,

the software does not have a built-in feature that automatically updates the window schedule when changing the window opening type. However, you can manually update the window schedule after making changes to the window opening type. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open your Archicad project and go to the layout where you have placed the window schedule.

2. Double-click on the window schedule to enter its editing mode.

3. Locate the window for which you changed the opening type. Select the corresponding row or cell that represents that window.

4. Update the window opening type information in the schedule by manually editing the cell value or row content. You can change the text or any other relevant data to reflect the new opening type.

5. Repeat this process for any other windows that have undergone changes in their opening types.

6. After you have manually updated all the necessary information, exit the editing mode of the window schedule.

By following these steps, you can ensure that the window schedule reflects the accurate and updated opening type for each window in your Archicad project.

ME: in revit automaticaiy update window schedule when changing window opening type
ChatGPT

In Revit, the software has the capability to automatically update the window schedule when you change the window opening type. This is one of the benefits of using BIM (Building Information Modeling) software like Revit. Here's how you can enable this automatic update:

Open your Revit project and go to the view where you have placed the window schedule.

Double-click on the window schedule to enter its editing mode.

In the schedule editing mode, locate the column that represents the window opening type.

Select the cell or column header that corresponds to the window opening type.

In the Properties palette, under the "Format" tab, find the "Type Properties" section.

Within the "Type Properties" section, check the box that says "Include in the schedule" or "Visible" (the exact wording may vary depending on the version of Revit you are using).

Click OK or apply the changes to update the schedule.

Now, when you change the opening type of a window in your Revit model, the window schedule will automatically reflect that change. The opening type information will be updated in real-time, ensuring that your window schedule remains accurate and up to date.

It's important to note that the steps provided above are a general guideline, and the specific options and interfaces may differ slightly depending on the version of Revit you are using.

archicad is also a BIM (Building Information Modeling)
ChatGPT
You are correct, Archicad is also a BIM (Building Information Modeling) software. It is a widely used BIM tool that allows architects, designers, and construction professionals to create and manage digital representations of buildings and their components.

In Archicad, you can create and edit 3D models of buildings, generate 2D drawings, and create schedules and lists for various building elements, including windows. Archicad's BIM capabilities enable data integration and synchronization, allowing changes made to one aspect of the model to automatically update related elements and associated schedules.

While Archicad offers extensive BIM functionality, including the ability to create and manage schedules, it does not have a built-in feature to automatically update the window schedule when changing the window opening type, as mentioned earlier. However, you can manually update the window schedule in Archicad, ensuring that the information accurately reflects any changes made to the window opening types in the model.

User
it seems strang that it does not have that funcuntualy
ChatGPT
I apologize for any confusion caused. It seems there was some miscommunication in my previous responses.

Archicad does have the functionality to automatically update schedules, including window schedules, when changes are made to the model. This includes changes to window opening types. Archicad's BIM capabilities allow for parametric relationships between elements, enabling automatic updates in related schedules.

To ensure that the window schedule is updated when changing the window opening type in Archicad, follow these steps:

Open your Archicad project and locate the window schedule you want to update.

Double-click on the window schedule to enter its editing mode.

In the schedule editing mode, locate the column that represents the window opening type.

Check that the column is linked to the correct parameter of the window object that represents the opening type.

If the column is not linked or linked to the wrong parameter, you can update it by selecting the column and linking it to the correct parameter using the "Link Parameters" option in the schedule settings.

Once the column is correctly linked to the opening type parameter, any changes made to the window opening types in the model will automatically update the window schedule.

By ensuring that the schedule column is correctly linked to the window opening type parameter, Archicad will automatically update the schedule whenever changes are made to the opening types of the windows in your project.

User
i cant find the opening type parameter in the archicad window
ChatGPT
I apologize for the confusion in my previous response. You are correct that Archicad does not have a specific "Opening Type" parameter for windows. The information about the opening type (such as casement, sliding, or fixed) is typically not available as a separate parameter in Archicad's window objects.

In Archicad, the opening type information for windows is usually derived from the window's construction or properties. The window object itself may have different parameters related to its operation, materials, dimensions, or other properties, but a specific parameter for "Opening Type" is not typically available.

To update the window schedule in Archicad when there are changes to the window opening type, you will need to manually update the schedule by editing the corresponding cells or rows in the schedule. You can modify the text or other relevant data in the schedule to reflect the correct opening type for each window.

Again, I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous responses. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I generally do not recommend the use of Chat GPT for finding answers to Archicad technical questions. Archicad is just too complex software, there is not enough validated information on the web for Chat GPT to train from, and so you will get a lot of answers like the one above, which you will try to make work but then find out that Chat GPT does not know what the hell it is talking about. And I believe you would have to be an advanced user to be able to decide what is true and what is untrue" from what Chat GPT answers.

There may be questions it can answer but I would not count on it, especially if the answer is not so obvious.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
ahmad525
Booster

hey,

i agree with Laszlo, as AI is generally new and the it's gathering information from different forums and websites regarding your question. 

since archicad window object is 1 global object which has all the window types, its hard to pick up these parameters without having to do some manual work on them.

but there is an option to include the sash type in the schedule.

depending on your AC version and which window you are using, you can add the object parameter into the schedule.

ahmad525_2-1688340519191.png

click on the drop down arrow and then select the library part parameter. look for the type of window you are using which in this case is the basic window and look for the opening type main sash. this way its automated but you cant change the name of the type (eg. in australia we use the word "awning" instead of "top hung", thats why i dont use this feature. 

ahmad525_3-1688340735119.png

alternatively, what is use is just custom type in order to put the code of the window instead of the type. and to show a 3d view in the table instead of words.

but yeah you can do all sort of scheduling with archicad it just depends on your preference and what you want to show. 

ahmad525_5-1688340967496.png

i hope this helps 

BPETER
Participant

Does somebody know where is the "naming list" the opening type? in the parameter list i found a parameter named stOpeningType - that contains the english definition of opening, but i cannot find a way to rename them, i think there is another parameter list that is hidden somewhere. Where could i translate the Fixed Glass, Fixed Sash, Side Hung, Side Hung Mirrored, Tilt and Turn etc names? can`t find a way to make it work 😄 seems like changing stOpeningType in parameters does not do the job intended 😞